Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm No Longer Screwed

Had surgery this morning to remove the four inch lag screw they screwed into my femur head two years ago to repair my broken hip. Arrived at the outpatient surgery department at Mission Regional Hospital bright and early at 6 a.m. Nurses came in and asked me a bunch of questions to make sure they had the right patient. Changed into the standard hospital gown. Why can't they give men something more masculine than a gown? They put in an iv and wheeled me off to surgery. Last thing I remember was the anesthesiologist giving me a shot and I blacked out. Next thing I remember was waking up in the recovery room two hours later. After the effects of my anesthia had wore off I was discharged. The doctor prescribed Vicoden for the pain. Yes! I was able to walk with a cane out of the hospital, which gave me hope for a speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment