Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 293 - Night Riding on My Single Speed

With Daylight Savings Time scheduled to start on Saturday, we scheduled a last night ride of the season for our mountain biking club. Showed up and Jorge was on his bike ready to go. Unloaded my bike and put on my gear. No one else showed so we took off. I had brought my Cannondaele single speed. I hadn't ridden it in two or three months because of my back. I love riding it. No shifting. Just stand up and pedal and go. The key to riding is to keep your momentum and stay off the brakes. We had a good right. Not too fast. Or not too slow. Was feeling good and was standing and cranking more than I had done in a long time. Finished the ride by trying to climb the new Levy Loop Drop from the Up and Over. That turned out to be a mistake. I got about 1/5 of the way up and lost momentum and I toppled over in the dirt. What a way to end the last night ride of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment