Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 301 - Road Trip!

Road Trip! It's been over a year since I had taken a biking related road trip, so I was excited to be taking a day trip with my buddies Tweezer and Ridehard. We met at 4:30 a.m. in McAllen, loaded up and hit the road. Our destination was Bandera, Texas, 30 miles west of San Antonio. We arrived in Bandera at 9:30 a.m. and started riding. The trails were loose, rocky, technical. It was some tough climbing. Some parts of the trail were so steep that we had to push our bikes up. The descents were crazy too. I punctured the front of my leg on a bush while going down one. I bandaged it up and we rode for another 3 hours and then headed back to O.P. Schnable Park in San Antonio. O.P. was totally different. Smooth and fast and rolling. It was a nice change of pace after a challenging morning. After O.P. we headed home. We got home at 10 p.m. Tired and exhausted. But happy. It was a great roadtrip. Here is some footage of Bandera.

No comments:

Post a Comment