Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 321 - Lettin' the Horses Run!

Tuesdays and Thursdays are our club's group rides days. I had missed the group ride on Tuesday, so I was eagerly anticipating Thurday's group ride. I arrived at the trails a few minutes early than our designated time of 6 p.m. I waited a few minutes. But no one showed. Disappointed, I hit the trails. Put in a moderately paced warm up lap and was headed back to start lap two when I come up on Hector, Eddie, Richard, and AC who were riding. I quickly turned my bike around and joined them. The were riding at a fast past. I followed them for about a two miles until I got tired of eating their dust and dirt. I stood up and cranked the pedals and headed up front. I was feeling good and rode hard. AC, on his new Fisher Superfly 100 29er (see pic), caught up and put the hammer down. I tucked in behind him and we were off. The dropped everyone else and it was just him and me, flying down the trails. We rode at race pace for about 5 minutes before stopping to let the others catch up. It felt great to let the horses run!

No comments:

Post a Comment