Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 317 - Bike in a Tree

While riding at the trails on Sunday, I came across one of the stranger things that I have seen out at the trails. I was riding Jackhammer by myself. I had gone out to ride to work off all the frosties I had drank the night before while catching up with two old fraternity buddies from college. Anyway, I the first time I past it on the trail out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw a rim in a tree. Somebody must have bent their wheel and left it I thought. Since I was doing another lap I would stop and take a picture of it on the next lap. Thirty minutes later when I came back, I stopped and what did I see? A whole compete bike up in a tree. It seemed in good condition. The tires had air. It looked rideable. I'm not sure what it was doing there. But it was one of the oddest things I have come across. While odd, it couldn't top the time I came across a freshly severed goat head hanging by a string from one of the branches! That was the creepiest thing that I have come across by far.

No comments:

Post a Comment