Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 323 - My Ass and Nipples Hurt

Fifty-two miles. A personal best. That's what I ended riding on Saturday morning on Brian's road bike. I rode with a group roadies who meet at Bikemasters on Saturday morning. I was apprehensive about riding with them, since I didn't know any of them, I had never ridden that far on a mountain or road bike before, and I didn't know what the pace was. We took off from Bikemasters and hit the road. I slotted in behind everyone else. The first part of the ride was easy because we were with the wind. We rode at a 20 to 25 mph pace. There were times they would speed up and I was in danger of getting dropped. But fortunately, they slowed down. We hit a headwind on the way back, which slowed the pace down. I stuggled a bit on the way back, but managed to keep up by drafting on the biggest guy I could find. Toward the end, my ass and nipples hurt (insert favorite sex joke here). The hard seat had taken a toll on my ass and my jersey had rubbed my nipples raw. Double ouch. I was happy to roll into the parking lot and finish the ride. Quick. Somebody pass me the monkey butt powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment