Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 333 - McAllister Mud

Still in San Antonio. Decided after the tough ride at Flat Rock Ranch yesterday, that I needed something easy. A recovery ride. So after work I headed over to McAllister Park. McAllister Park has 16 miles of smooth, mostly flat, and flowing singletrack. Wasn't sure on what condition the trails would be in since they had received rain over the weekend. Got 50 feet into the trails and it wasn't good. Normally dry and fast. The trails were tacky, wet, and slow. They hadn't fully dried out yet. I couldn't get up to speed. It felt like I was dragging rocks behind me. What was suppose to be recovery ride, turned into a workout. I rode for an hour on the trails that were semi-dry. I had to port my bike across a couple of stream crossings, getting my shoes and socks soaking wet. (Here is a picture of my dirty socks drying on the dash). I finally gave up after the mud got worse. Ended up getting lost and riding around the park road for 30 minutes. A fitting end to a dirty and disappointing ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment