Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 332 - Revenge of Flat Rock

It was two years ago that I had wrecked on a downhill at Flat Rock Ranch in Comfort, Texas, cracking my helmet on a rock, breaking my sunglasses, and sending me to the emergency clinic for 15 stitches to my face. I had vowed to go back and ride it again. Well, today I got my revenge! I rode both the lower and upper loop. Lots of tight switchbacks, technical obstacles, lungbusting climbs, and hairy descents. A mix of smooth singletrack and flat rocks. (That's why they call it Flat Rock). Cleared about half of the technical obstacles. Was particularly sketchy because the rocks and roots were wet and slippery from the rain they had received a few days earlier. Since I was riding by myself I was careful, but I did let loose on a few of the decents. I was pleased with my Giant Anthem, especially on climbs. It climbs like a goat. Also, my hydraulic brakes slowed me down fast when needed. I rode for 4 hours, completing 20 miles. I was exhausted. This ride ranks right up there with my trip to Saltillo, Mexico. The ride was awesome and the revenge was sweet! Check out the pic of the baby lambs I saw at the ranch. They were so cute I wanted to take them home. I love lamb chops. Baaah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment