Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 351 - Flying Ironman

Don't get me wrong. I like doing group rides. But, sometimes, depending on who is riding they can be slow. And the more people that are in the group, the more chances that someone gets a flat or has some bike breakdown that grinds the ride to a halt. So I like to get in a solo ride every now and then when I can let loose and ride fast without having to worry about dropping someone or waiting up for someone. I got in a solo ride late Saturday afternoon. After a day of trailwork in the morning and taking my son and his friend to the movies to watch Ironman II, I snuck in a ride at the trails. It felt good to be able to ride and push my pace. I was going so fast that I felt that I was flying like Ironman through the trees and down the trails. Coincidently, that was the name of the first bike I rode at the trails. A Huffy Ironman bike. It had no suspension. But it was the bike that got me hooked. The rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment