Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 366 - Papa's Got a New Pair of Shoes

Hey those are my fingers sticking out of my mountain biking shoes! These Specialized MTB Comp shoes have been through a lot over the past three years of mountain bike riding. They were on during my wreck in Flat Rock, were on during my epic adventure with my riding buddies in the mountains of Saltillo, Mexico, they were with me on during my wreck that fractured my hip, and with me on my glory days of cross country racing. They have sentimental value. I'm having a hard time throwing them away. "Maybe I should keep them for parts," I think to myself. "They still got some tread in them," I rationalize. I take one look at my shiny, new pair of Specialized Comp MTB shoes that I bought today, pick up my old shoes, walk over to the trash can, lift up the lid, and and dump them. Papa's got a new pair of shoes. Time to break in some new mountain biking memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment