Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 363 - Ridin' Into the Sunset

I was depressed. A sudden thunderstrom blew in early Monday morning and dumped buckets of rain on the trails. Reports that Mission received 2.5 inches. I was fearing the worst. A couple days of no riding and then grass growth. I didn't even want to think about trail maintenance. Needing a ride to take my mind to a better place, I called up Nico and Grape for a ride. We meet at MT to my surprise the trails weren't as bad as I thought. They were about 75% dry. We rode part of the new trail and then rode the Hike and Bike to Bentsen State Park. At Bensten we rode around the park. I took an awesome photo of the sun as it set on the horizon. We rode back as the daylight disappeared, ridin' into the sunset. We finished over ride rolling into the parking lot near 8 p.m. We put in 15 to 20 miles at a good pace. It was just what I needed to lift my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment