Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 368 - Tear in my Beer

The skies opened up and poured down on the trails on Wednesday, dropping two to three inches of rain in Mission. I drove out to the trails to see how bad it was. After I parked, I hopped on my mountain bike and rode the Hike and Bike to survey the flooding. Boy, it was bad. Easy Rider was completely underwater as you can see from the picture. It is going to be a few days before the trails will even be rideable. Waiting for the trails to dry out isn't the bad part. It's the growth of the grass and the explosion of the mosquito population is what I'm dreading. Just when I felt we were catching up after putting in lots of hours in May doing trail maintenance. Mother Nature just won't cut us a break. This isn't Seattle. It's not supppose to rain here this much. It's enough to make a grown man cry. Sob. Sob. Sob. There's a tear in my beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment